Difference that Matters
OwnerCraig Woods DVM, MS, MBA
Business: due diligence, financial modeling, technology licensing
Research: bioscaffolds, antivenoms, immuno-therapeutics
Regulations: veterinary regulations and compliance
Clinical: protocol development, site management
Other: HIPAA, PHI, 45 CFR 46 compliance, PII-IV studies
Craig is currently in academia managing human (PII-PIV) and veterinary clinical trials. Prior to academia, Craig spent over 15 years in the pharmaceutical industry holding business development, regulatory affairs, and research positions. Craig has served as a veterinary consultant for a variety of biomedical and pharmaceutical companies providing business development, regulatory, and commercialization guidance for biologics, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and other human and veterinary medical products. Craig has also served as a veterinary consultant to create new companies for international clients. In addition, Craig has also founded his own companies in immuno-therapeutics, medical devices, and other technologies for veterinary and human medicine.
M.S. – Veterinary Anatomy – University of Missouri
D.V.M. – Veterinary Medicine – University of Missouri
Howard Hughes Undergraduate Medical Fellowship – genetics
Graduate Biomedical Research Fellowship – biochemistry
- Witsil AJ, Wells RJ, Woods CW, and Rao S. 272 cases of rattlesnake envenomation in dogs: demographics and treatment including safety of F(ab’)2 antivenom. Toxicon. 2015 Oct Vol105: 19-26.
- Peterson ME, Woods CW, Seibold KE, and Schaer M. Confounding in study of antivenoms. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2013 Dec 1;243(11):1516.
- Woods CW and Young DA. F(ab’)2 Antivenom: Clinical Safety in Dogs. Vet Em Crit Care, Oct 2011.
- Woods CW, Seibold K. Problems with Antivenom Study; Letter. Vet Em Crit Care, Oct 2010.
- Terry DE, Rees-Milton K, Smith P, Carran J, Pezeshki P, Woods CW, Greer P, Anastassiades TP. N-acylation of glucosamine modulates chondrocyte growth, proteoglycan synthesis, and gene expression. J Rheumatol. 2005 Sep; 32 (9):1775-86.
ABSTRACTS and PRESENTATIONS
- Woods CW, VanDenBerg CM, Pennington LB, et al. Image guided surgery in dogs by universal detection in solid tumors using pH activated micellar probe ONM 100. The World Molecular Imaging Congress 2018. Sept 12-15, 2018.
- Woods CW. Review: Veterinary Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering. Oral Abstract. Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society Conference (TERMIS). 13, 2016
- Woods CW. Review: The Dog as a Translational Model for Envenomation. Oral Abstract. Venom Week 2016, Toxicon Volume 117, July 2016, Page 107.
- Wells R and Woods CW. F(ab’)2 Antivenom Treatment: A Retrospective Analysis of 180 Rattlesnake Envenomations in Dogs: Oral abstract – IVECCS September 2013, San Diego.
- Falcone K, Klaus J, Mulligan K, Woods CW: Retrospective Study of F(ab’)2 Antivenom in 61 Dogs and 15 Cats Envenomated by Arizona Rattlesnakes, Oral Abstract. IVECCS 2012.
- Woods CW. Anti-Endotoxin Effects and Pharmacology of the Immune Selective Anti-Inflammatory Derivatives. Venom Week 2012; Oral Abstract – Toxicon Volume 60(2), 2012.
- Seibold KE, Woods CW, and Wells RJ. F(ab’)2 Antivenom in Dogs Envenomated by Pit Vipers. Venom Week 2012; Oral Abstract – Toxicon Volume 60(2), 2012.
- Woods CW, Seibold KE, Wells RJ. Crotalidae Venom Levels in Dogs Before and After Administration of F(ab’)2 Antivenom. Venom Week 2012; Oral Abstract – Toxicon Volume 60(2), 2012.
- Seibold, C. Woods, R. Wells, M. Lagutchik, et al.B. Vasilopulos. Neutralizing effects of F(ab’)2 antivenom on serum pit viper venom levels in dogs. Oral Abstract. Nashville, TN. IVECCS 2011.
- Gingerich DA, and Woods, CW. T-cell Receptor Peptide Therapeutics for Feline Stomatitis; accepted abstract, Am. Assoc. of Vet. Pharmacology and Therapeutics – 2011 Conference.
- Seibold, A. Reniker, R. Wells, M. Lagutchik, S. Johnson, D. Bordelon, M. Clare, M. Kaelble, R. Vasilopulous, and C. Woods; Evaluation of an Antivenom F(ab’)2 in 74 Dogs Envenomated by North American Pit Vipers. Abstract; San Antonio; IVECCS 2010.
- Siebold K, Woods CW, al. Evaluation of an Antivenom F(ab’)2 in 74 dogs envenomated by North American Pit Vipers: Presentation, International Vet Emergency & Critical Care Symposium 2010.
- Woods, C, Godine, R and Huber B. apSTAR Cancer Laser: Review of Immunological Effects and Case Reports. Veterinary Cancer Society Mid-Year Meeting; 2010.
- Woods, CW. Use of TCR Peptides for Feline Stomatitis. 23rd Annual Veterinary Dental Forum: 2009.
- Woods, CW. Tissue Repair BioScaffold; Clinical Review. 23rd Annual Veterinary Dental Forum: 2009.
- Urbanz, J and Woods, CW. Effects of an Embryonic-like BioScaffold on Canine Indolent Ulcer. Abstract Presentation; Am. College of Vet. Ophthalmologists 2009; Chicago, IL.
- Roberts SW and Woods, CW. The Use of a Novel Porous Implant for Refractory Canine Glaucoma. Abstract Presentation; Am. College of Vet. Ophthalmologists Conference 2008; Boston, MA.
- Urbanz, J and Woods, CW. The Use of a Novel Biomaterial for Refractory Canine Dry Eye; 2006 American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists.
Veterinary Consultant Network
Woods Consulting, LLC works with our clients to determine specific needs for every project. If needed, we utilize our extensive connections within academia and the biomedical industry allows us to bring in additional veterinary consultants on an “as-needed” basis under confidentiality. Our collaborative consultants consist of:
- veterinary practitioners and specialists
- physicians and paraprofessionals
- research scientists and key opinion leaders
LEVOYA is a Canada-based consulting firm specialized in developing business opportunities in the animal health space. Founded and managed by seasoned animal health professionals, LEVOYA works mostly with companies seeking to bring innovation, invest or expand their geographical footprint in animal health. The firm also helps organizations to develop and optimize their commercial operations.
We provide lectures and speaking engagements related to our areas of our expertise.
- Veterinary Drug Development: Regulations and the development process of veterinary drugs, biologics, nutraceuticals, devices, and diagnostics
- Translational Medicine: Comparative diseases between humans and dogs, and de-risking drug development through veterinary clinical trials
- Business Development: An overview of the animal health market, technology licensing strategies, and commercialization of veterinary products
- Alternate Careers for Healthcare Professionals: What opportunities are available in the pharmaceutical industry for healthcare professionals